Monday 9 January 2012

Look out world! Cake making here I come!

The beginning of a new year can hold a lot of new promising ventures, but none as rewarding as the ones you achieve through hard work and peserverance and reaching the end with pure satisfaction! This year I have resolved to reach and try all those things I think I have a knack for! Sounds pretentious doesn't it? What I mean is, I get great enjoyment out of a great many things, but very rarely have time to dwell on that feeling and just go with the moment and see what happens! My mind gets in the way with thoughts of failure, and 'what-ifs' (we all have those Im sure!) and the project is stopped before it's really gotten off the ground! So I have made a list of resolutions to follow through with and see what the end results are! As someone who has never really had a career path and no university training, I feel like the years are sort of drifting by without purpose. I know I want to establish myself as something...i just don't know what!! My husband is a very supportive and loving man and has encouraged to do what I enjoy from the beginning and has been there the whole time giving me positive feedback and being honest with me about my ventures. It's that love and support that makes me want to do something that not only I can be proud of, but that he can be proud of too...as corny as it sounds (and believe me, it is VERY corny), he tells me constantly that when I am happy, he is happy. Me and my past experiences haven't quite convinced my mind of the full truth of the matter yet... I know he means every word of it but my negative cup half empty attitude gets in the way! Silly I know, but that's part of being in my skin and having my mind! So what are some things that have always been pipe dreams that I feel I should try?? Well...cake making is definately one of them!! I have always admired the artistry that goes into cake making and decorating, such skill and beauty!!! I don't claim to have either of those things but something keeps nagging at the back of mind saying 'try it try it try it!!'. I have never used a sewing machine in my life, I got given one and right off the bat I knew what I was doing...heck! I'm even sewing myself a costume and I've had it little under 2 weeks! i dont know what happened there but Im going to keep at it! How many things did I handstitch before I had a sewing machine?? I handstitched tote bags and even made myself a skirt and they all turned out fantastic! Ok so sure sometimes I'd sit there for a few hours with my head in hands because I couldnt work out which way a peice of fabric should have gone but I did get there in the end! So that' why I think I should give cake making a go...I have the patience, I have 50 new different chocolate moulds given to me as a gift so why not try them out?

I would like to perfect my sewing too. The problem there being that we dont have a lot of money to keep getting fabrics to practice with...let alone buy all those lovely ones that people like to buy and make things out of...which is a little upsetting but we manage. My aunt gave me the idea that as a chef (she is of course, not me) that I should sew knife-rolls and take 5 or so to RSL kitchens, cafes, restaurants etc and see if they want to buy them. I had never thought of that but there is a perfectly good idea!

I should really try and perfect being a wife too...my cleaning skills are awful!

But making cakes is definately something I want to try..and it doesn't have to be expensive! Wouldn't it be nice to get the word out where I live and have a steady little income from cupcakes? *sighs dreamily*.... I thought the same way about my craft too...which in reality isn't really that successful...but back to the point, I enjoy it therefore I should try it!

Besides! if I practice too many cakes and no one wants them, well my husband and I will just have to be very fat and content =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)