Wednesday 18 April 2012

Make a bow in 3 steps? Easy! :o)

I've gone a whole day without doing anything crafty *breathe in and out slowly* MUST     MAKE       SOMETHING.....

hmmm but what?? *twiddles thumbs whilst deep in thought* Well first I need music... *puts The Killers into her CD player* Man I love those guys!  Okay.... Got it!!

I bet you there is no way that you can do this wrong ;o) Trust me! All you need is a 2 lengths of scrap fabric, any kind of material will do, a little bit of ribbon and a glue gun!


My length of scrap fabric happens to be red and polka dotty (the best kind of fabric scrap :p ) and is about 20cm long. Cut it in half so you have two 10cm long bits. It doesn't matter what width they are and your scrap piece can be bigger or smaller. Don't even worry about the frayed edges!



They don't even need to be ironed! Pinch the centre of both pieces horizontally and put them together like this:



Dab a bit of glue on your ribbon and wrap it round the centre.


Easy Peasy! Stick a bobby pin or clip on the back or pop it on a headband and wear it! If you want a fuller bow, just add more fabric scraps! :o) p.s can you guess what my favourite colour is? haha

Now would you like a sneak peak of some more tutorials on the way??

Of course you do :p

Well, I happened to pick up two colours of tulle recently (one cool blue sparkly one and a purple polka dot kind) so now I can make a how-to for a baby tutu that won't cost you more than $12 (tulle, elastic, the skirt and all!) The nifty thing about this tutorial is that includes instructions for an itty bitty underskirt that is actually attached to the tuty itself! It's easy, trust me! Keep an eye at your local fabric stores for discounted tulle scraps for this one. They don't have to be the same colour, or style, just whatever you pick up is fine!



And with these gorgeous scraps I will be showing you how to make a really cute puff flower and rose fabric headband you'll want to wear for every occassion!



Til then! Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

  1. Hey, that bow looks like something even I could do! Thanks for sharing. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is super simple! :o)

      You're welcome! Thankyou for linking up with me! I've left a comment and linked up on you WW too.

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to be able to make bows like this. Thanks for the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! I pinned. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)