Monday 12 November 2012

You should always crochet whilst watching Westerns! :o)

Spontaneous creations are the best! I had a ball of beautiful lilac 'Lucy Pack' yarn and my trusty crochet hook last night whilst watching The Magnificent Seven (seriously who doesn't like westerns!) and using the puff stitch as my inspiration I created this rather pretty beret!
 
 
 
It was then promptly wrapped up and tied with a bow and added to my 'completed Christmas gifts' box (which is looking a bit full! I'll need to start a new one soon!) ^.^ I am currently 10 gifts into the 50 something I still need to make EEEEEEP so I have a HUGE task ahead of me this month in the pressie creating department! I feel sorry for Santa's elves I really do! Photos of all the things I've made so far are coming... I'm sorry I've been such a slack bummed blogger lately!
 
I'm also currently in the process of going through each of my tutorials and things with a fine toothed comb and re-writing where necessary, re-taking the photographs and adding a few more that have been in the works... hopefully that should make things clearer and generally easier to use :o) I thought I was going to start a new blog and just focus on my crochet things...but then I figured hey what the heck, you guys that are here seem to like me for me in all my weirdness, awkwardness and craftiness so why try to create a new blog and a new persona to 'fit in' when I'm somewhat content over here doing my own thing and generally just being me? I suppose losing so many fans lately *sad face* kinda got me bummed... I wish I was a 'nutshell' blogger but I'm not...you never know what you're going to get here ;o)
 
When all the craziness of doing my tutorial revamps, Christmas gift making (and Christmas itself), creating new and adorable props and keeping on top of my photography (which is going great by the way!) settles down and I get back into a groove I can sit down and try to remember how I made that darn hat and do up a pattern! Good plan?
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Love it - and its in my favourite colour blue to. sortof a powder blue the skye goes just before sunset. when I was in boarding school my good friend Ruth and I would tap messages in code to one another to celebrate this colour.
    Brings back good memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous colour isn't it? I'm a real pastels fan :o)

      Delete
  2. I love that hat! Another brilliant creation by you. You're a very talented person. Don't go trying to fit into others' preconceived notions of whatever it is they think you should be. Just have fun, craft, photograph, and be happy. If you're not so happy some days, so be it. As long as you are dealing with it and recognizing it, you are on the right path. Pretending only makes things worse. Thank you for sharing your hat. I really love it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can share the pattern with us. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww geez *blushes* thankyou ^.^

      I don't know what I've gotten myself into trying to re-do all my tutorials but it's gonna be a big job! I'll feel better when it's done though.. and yes me too! I definately hope I remember to write out the pattern for this beret, it could end up as another 'un-finished' tutorial :( I hope not!

      Delete
    2. That's a daunting task! I hope that after you've finished you don't later think you have to do it again. lol. I sometimes go back and read something I wrote and think, "That's not exactly the way it should have been said" or "That could have been said better." You're such a perfectionist! If you need help, I'm sure many of us would jump in to help. Good luck :)

      Delete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)