Tuesday 15 January 2013

A day of yarny goodness makes a good distraction when sick!

Photobucket Just me, some yarn, hooks, needles and aunt nauseaum! Myself and my queasy stomach set to work happily making up some new props for my newborn photog business (which is blooming, thankyou for asking! ^.^), making a rather awesome sauce ripple blanket and knitting the first of the scarves that I'll be donating to St Vincent de Paul this winter...that was my big plan that I mentioned last post. The first time I came to Armidale, it was a freezing cold and wet day and so we ventured to one of the op shops in search of a scarf but there weren't actually any there! For some reason that really stuck in my mind, and every winter I'm reminded firstly how bloody cold it gets and secondly that the local oppies never seem to have scarves (probably because it's that freaking freezing everyone snaps them up on the first day!) So my goal this year, in the hopes of preventing a few unnecessary colds and restocking the great scarf shortage I am knitting and crocheting my heart out to make a nice big fat yarny delivery in autumn. I'm hoping that if I make them nice enough they will do good work in helping raise money to properly clothe and feed those who will REALLY need it this year. This is the first one, it's nearly finished! I'm not a very quick knitter, hence why I am starting early (and madly making scarves in summer)
Photobucket
 I took my baskets of projects with me to my husband's work (he needed a bit of company), I popped on a movie and my short fat fingers worked their magic with hooks and needles in hand!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ah yes... one of the things I am seriously lacking in my little stash of props (aside from pretty much EVERYTHING that is) are seriously cute little newborn sized stocking hats for boys! Deciding to remedy this I got to work on completing the little beauty above complete with a pom pom! Can't have a stocking hat without a pom pom! I have a client booked for the first weekend of February and well if he ain't going to be the cutest little stocking-hat wearing munchkin in all of the New England Area I don't know will be! Becoming of course (as I do) a little addicted I promptly got started on a second one. And speaking of becoming addicted, I started watching American Horror Story last week LOVING it! Watched the whole first season in one day, and I've only got episode 11 to go in Season two.... I usually hate anything horror-related but I am completely and utterly hooked on it! I'm looking forward to curling up on the lounge this evening with my crochet, catch up on the latest episode and fingers crossed this damn sickness starts to fade! All day every day nausea for no reason is not exactly how I enjoy spending my time....good thing I have plenty of things to keep my mind off it! :)
Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very, very cute yarny creations! Congratulations on your blooming, booming photography business. That baby boy will look so adorable in his stocking hat. Feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)