Sunday 24 November 2013

I'm BACK!

Why, hello hello hello to you! I've become reacquainted with my dear old friend, the internet! Oh my it's been so long, absolutely splendiforous to be back with you again in the blogosphere. What have I missed?!
I'll tell you what YOU'VE missed.... I moved to Darwin. Yep... we finally did it! And heck what a trip it was too but we're here now in our own home (FINALLY!) and the universe has finally (touch wood) decided to stop slapping us in the face with it's big hairy, erm, ears. Well I mean we're expecting a tropical cyclone later today but on the whole things are miles better than they have been. You know, I'm not even going to recap on all the crapola we've been through these past 5 months it is simply not worth getting myself upset over anymore. Away with the past, on with the future! All that matters now is that we're safe (pre-cyclone haha), our little family is together despite the hinges it's been swinging off lately, we have a solid income again and a whole boat load of new experiences and adventures ahead of us. Nevermind that the boat may be full of crocs, leaking holes and more bad decisions but as Captain Jack Sparrow once said, "the problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude towards the problem".

So here we are in the Top End! Enjoying our new life in the ungodly heat, steadily adjusting to the change of pace and of course soaking up the wonderful new experiences of parenthood. Our little Bean is nearly 2 months old can you believe it? He's growing so quickly! We're absolutely besotted with him, he's the smiliest happiest most handsome boy in the whole world.
Hubby is out grabbing hot chips and gravy (absolutely had to test out the nearest corner store... although he just texted me to say they don't actually have gravy FOR SHAME corner store FOR SHAME) and we're really just sitting around OUR house amongst OUR mess watching OUR tv and generally spending the Sunday the way it should be spent. It's so flipping good I'm going to say it again... OUR house! Our stuff, our everything... feels like rainbows and glitter and sherbert and unicorns all smooshed into one big amazeball.

Now you know I haven't fallen off the face of the planet (you missed me right?!) I'd best get back to entertaining my little Bean who is currently talking to his toy monkey beside me in a most adorable way.

MISS YOU!

Behave Xx

P.s wish us luck for this crazy incoming weather, I'd better not wear my red shoes in case a house falls on me.
P.p.s It's a bajillion degrees outside and I'm crocheting a rainbow ripple blanket. That's perfectly normal! Don't laugh ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Cate Bricknell (blog name has completely escaped me right now!) sent me over here cause I'm also a Darwin blogger, and she thought I should say Hi! So I did!
    You've definitely chosen possibly the worst time of year to move here, weather wise, but these monsoonal rains, and this tiny cyclone makes it seem all worthwhile. (I'm a huge fan of lots of rain :))
    There are a few of us Darwin bloggers up here, and we try to organise a catch up every now and then when we can. Got one planned for the beginning of December if you're interested? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Everyone we've come across tells us how crummy it was that we arrived during build up...but I guess if we get through the worst of it the rest of the year will be easier ;) I love storms! I was a bit disappointed when Alessia fizzled away last night (although glad she didn't do any damage of course) and we didn't even get a bit of thunder out of it, it isn't even raining here today yet. I would absolutely love to catch up! I've only been here 3 weeks and the prospect of starting a whole new life from scratch is terrifying, I need to make some contacts or I'll end up as a hermit ;)

      Delete
  2. welcome to the top end Tash!! (It is pretty warm up here!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is! I came from a place where it's mostly Winter all year so this is a huge adjustment! Thankyou for the welcome! :)

      Delete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)